Think of these choices when designing your kitchen island:
- Use the same cabinet color and countertops as the rest of the kitchen or a contrasting color and style
- Add interesting bar stools and beautiful pendant lighting
- Create a shape that complements your floor plan and allows enough space to move around (and open dishwasher and oven doors completely)
- Add open shelving above your island to display your cookbooks or your most beautiful glasses and dishes
- Hang your pots and pans above the island
Add function to your kitchen with an island. It will become the focal point of your kitchen, and maybe even your home.